All physicians are required to renew their medical licenses each year by their birthday. Failure to renew may cause the physician’s license to be placed on inactive status.
Please read the information below carefully. Gather any documents or other information before starting the renewal.
- Actions taken against you by a hospital or other health care institution.
- Misdemeanor charges or convictions.
- Felony charges or convictions.
- Actions taken against you by a regulatory board or agency.
- Malpractice lawsuits resolved by judgement, award, payment or settlement where the lawsuit was in your name, or any settlement or payment made that affects or involve you, even if no lawsuit was filed.
- CME category 1 hours earned since you last renewed. You will be shown your current three-year cycle. NOTE: As of August 1, 2012, physicians are not required to report any Category 2 CME.
- Current email address. Your renewal certificate and receipt will be emailed to you upon completion of the renewal.
Your contact data may be used by the State Health Director in case of a public health crisis.