Resources & Information

Mar 22 2017

Attention: Resident Training License Applicants

Need assistance with your North Carolina resident training license application? Contact your Graduate Medical Education (GME) office.

Anyone applying for a resident training license (RTL) in order to begin residency training in North Carolina, should contact the GME office of the teaching institution where he or she will train. The GME office staff function as agents of the North Carolina Medical Board with regard to resident training licenses and are prepared to handle all inquiries from incoming residents. The GME offices can explain the application process and assist with all questions concerning the online RTL application, fingerprinting process and supporting documents.

Please note that, upon issuance of a resident training license you will not be assigned a North Carolina license number. Your information will be stored in the NCMB’s database by licensee name under the license type “RTL.”

View FAQs related to RTL applications.