In this issue of the Forum, we shine a light on cultural competence in medicine. NCMB recently amended its CME rules to specify that courses in cultural competence and implicit bias count as “practice relevant”. Listen to our latest podcast to learn how practicing with greater cultural humility can help you become a better clinician. A big thank you to licensees who contributed to NCPHP scholarships and - check that email - NCMB is now a paperless organization.
- November-December 2021 Board Actions Report
- Call for applicants: Three physician seats on NCMB available
- New on the podcast: How improving cultural competence boosts quality
- Licensee donations fund scholarships for physicians, PAs coping with substance use and mental health issues
- Next NCMB Board Meeting is March 16-18, 2022
- NCMB is now a paperless organization and rarely sends snail mail
- Courses in cultural competence, implicit bias are “practice relevant”