In this issue of the Forum, NCMB President John W. Rusher, MD, discusses how the Board’s innovative medical and PA education outreach aims to help the next generation avoid regulatory problems and NCMB announces its Board officers for the upcoming year. Listen to the latest MedBoard Matters podcast episode and find out how getting more patients with opioid use disorder on medication to treat addiction can help turn the tide on overdose deaths and study up on Monkeypox. Also, the latest installment of the Board Actions Report covers public adverse actions taken during the months of May and June 2022.
- Preventive medical regulation: NCMB’s innovative education program seeks to keep licensees out of trouble | by John W. Rusher, MD
- Fines of up to $1000 for electronic death registration scofflaws
- NCMB sets leadership team for 2022-2023
- May-June 2022 Board Actions report
- On the podcast: Saving lives with medication for opioid use disorder
- Study up on Monkeypox with NC DHHS resources