This issue highlights the Board’s 2013 data in the annual “Year in Review.” The Board adopts extensive new policy on prescribing controlled substances for pain and Board president, Dr. Camnitz gives a look inside the NCMB’s case review process. Licensees may now upload photographs to their licensee information pages and physicians are encouraged to ensure the new NC death certificate is filled out correctly. This issue also includes updates about upcoming open Board member positions, a NCMB staff position and the recently published NCMB Annual Report.
- Quarterly Board Actions Report, November 2013-January 2014
- Making the tough calls: inside the NCMB’s case review process | by Paul S. Camnitz, MD
- More problems with death certificates Some certifiers missing new requirements | by Scott G. Kirby, MD
- Walker secures spot on FSMB committee
- Year in Review: A look back at data from 2013
- NCMB Job Opening: Assistant Medical Director
- Board adopts extensive new policy on prescribing controlled substances for pain
- New NCMB Annual Report offers more depth
- NCMB, individual staff members win accolades
- Picture this: add a photo to your licensee information page
- Interested in serving on the Medical Board?
- NCMB publishes guide to closing a medical practice